Widgets Magazine

Come June, Madame Tussauds to launch its first museum in New Delhi

Last Modified Tuesday, 11 April 2017 (12:27 IST)
New Delhi: The world famous Madame Tussauds, the legendary wax attraction entertainment hotspot, will soon to launch its first museum in New Delhi.The dazzling entertainment zone, which will provide the viewers an opportunity to interact with their favourite stars and figures of inspiration; is set to launch in Delhi early summer of 2017.

To be located in the heart of Delhi in Connaught Place, the Delhi Museum will be the 23rd edition of the Madame Tussauds, the most famous brand of Britain's Entertainment company Marilyn Entertainment.Making the announcement at a press conference here, organiser and director of the company's India unit, said the launch of the museum in Delhi is in keeping with the fact that India is a big entertainment market.

"Keeping this aspect in mind, chose India as the destination hub to showcase the latest collection,’’Mr Jain said.The first ever Madame Tussauds Museum in Delhi will showcase a wide array of influential icons from all across the globe, who have thrived to inspire them through their stunning performances on the reel and real life while making a great contribution towards shaping the world.

Mr Jain revealed that at the start, wax figures of more than top 50 world famous figures from the fields of history, sports, music, films and TV would be displayed at the Delhi museum for public viewing.Out of them, 60 per cent would be Indian figures and remaining 40 per cent would be international.

“We in the final phase of launching Madame Tussauds in Delhi.The wax attraction will provide an immersive and exhilarating experience of the glittering world of renowned celebrities and personalities of the likes of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar to glamorous divas like Kim Kardashian to the Indian audience.

We will also have a broader focus on Indian celebrities.I am sure that all the locals and tourists will cherish meeting their idols who have influenced their lives in different ways,” Mr Jain said."Each wax model has been shaped with an investment of more than Rs 1.5 crore in London.Some are ready and some are in the final phase of 'being readied',’’he added.

Mr Jain said much talent and hard work goes into making these statues as 'lively' as possible."More than 150 measurements are taken from all sides and angles of the body of the person whose statue is to be erected.Not only this, real hair are stitched into the skull of the statue.

Along with this uncountable layers of colours and shades are painted on the skin of the model to get the same colour of the skin as the real person." Mr Jain said the statues to be fixed in the Delhi museum would include models of mega star Amitabh Bachchan, Lady Gaga and Madame Tussauds which were also displayed for the mediapersons.

As many as 500 spectators can visit the museum at one go.The rates of entry tickets to the museum will vary but they will be affordable so that more and more people can avail the opportunity of having a look at the wax figures.

Marcel Kloos, Director, New Openings Europe and Emerging Markets, said, “It is a thrilling experience to bring the legend of Madame Tussauds to the culturally rich land of India.Our wax attraction will open a new chapter in entertainment to the populace of India at large by giving them the ultimate experience from the red carpet to stardom.(UNI)
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine