COVID-19 +ve cases mounts to 480 with 9 casualty: Health Ministry

Last Updated: Monday, 23 March 2020 (22:09 IST)
New Delhi:The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country reached 480 on Monday morning, with a total of seven casualty so far, Ministry of Health and Family welfare said.The state-wise data for Monday was yet to be prepared.
Till Monday, with 64 cases and two deaths, Maharashtra was leading the tally, followed by Kerala with 60 cases and zero casualty. Delhi was housing 28 COVID-19 cases with one casualty.In India, number of treated and recovered cases stood at 23 while one patient migrated out of the country, the ministry said.
 
 As many as 41 foreign nationals were suffering from in India.A total of 18,383 samples have been tested till 1000 hrs of Monday morning while 15,17,327 passengers screened at the airports, the Union Health ministry said.In view of rising cases, a total of 75 districts including those in the national capital, financial capital and the metropolitan have been locked down till March 31.Railway services, public transport including interstate buses have been suspended. Only essential services such as hospitals, telecom, medicine shops and provision stores will remain open.

Philippines national dies in Mumbai
 
Aurangabad:A 68-year-old Philippines national, who was suffering from Coronavirus and staying in Mumbai, died on Sunday night in a private hospital, official  health  department sources in Mumbai said on Monday.

The sources also confirmed that 15 new positive cases  were  also reported during the last 12 hours, including 14 from the state capital and one out of it. With this, the positive cases of Novel Coronavirus have gone up to 89 across the state, state Health Minister Rajesh Tope confirmed in Mumbai. 
              
Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune and ChicPimpri-Chichwad cities were most affected due to the large number of positive cases registered  in these cities.Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has already imposed Section 144 across the urban areas in the state as a preventive measure, to combat the spread of COVID-19. 
 
However, due to the rising number of positive patients, the situation has become grave in the state.The state government has advised people not to come out of their homes and also appealed them not to gather in large numbers, sources added.
 
All the long distance trains, private travel buses, MSRTC buses as well as a large number of auto rickshaw and other transport providers suspended their service in major cities of the state. However, Emergency services were being allowed in the state.
 
COVID-19 Bengal reports first death in coronavirus 57-year-old dies at a Pvt hospital in city
 
Kolkata: A fifty-seven-year-old man, who was admitted to a city private hospital with fever and later found COVID-19 positive, died following a massive cardiac arrest, the first death in West Bengal, official sources said today.
 
The victim, a resident of Dum Dum, was in a critical state and was on a life support system, the medics at the private hospital at Salt Lake said.
 
Altogether seven people have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Six others-three men and three women - have been undergoing treatment at the state-owned ID Hospital at Beliaghata in east Kolkata.
 
The deceased, who had returned from Bilaspur on Azad Hind Express, had a bout of fever from March 13 and was diagnosed with the deadly virus on March 21, after being admitted to the private hospital on March 16. His end came this afternoon.
 
The body would not be given to the family and the last rites would happen according to the standard norm.His family members are in quarantine in a hospital.(UNI)