Mumbai: Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut told the Bombay High Court that she has not made any unlawful additions and alterations in her bungalow, part of which was illegally demolished by the BMC on September 9.
In a rejoinder affidavit filed in response to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's (BMC) reply to her plea, Ranaut denied the civic body's claim that she had made any illegal structural alterations to her Pali Hill bungalow.
She also denied that her plea seeking that the demolition be declared illegal and that she be paid Rs 2 crore in damage by the BMC, was an ''abuse'' of the process of law.
Last week, the BMC had filed an affidavit before the High Court, responding to Ranaut's petition stating that the actress had made major structural changes to the building without the civic body's permission.
It had said BMC officials were merely following the rule of law in razing these alterations on September 9.The civic body had urged the High Court to dismiss Ranaut's plea and impose a cost upon her for filing the petition which, it said, was an "abuse" of the process of law.
In her rejoinder affidavit, the actress contended that the civic body had abused the statutory process by initiating the demolition of a part of her property without giving her adequate notice.
"The conduct of the Respondent No.1 and its officials clearly demonstrates bias and further displays that the Impugned Notice issued to me is vitiated by malice and was issued as a counterblast to the statements made by me," she said.
Ranaut had previously alleged the BMC had carried out the demolition because she had made some comments that were adverse to the Shiv Sena-led government in Maharashtra.
On September 9, the bench, led by Justice Kathawalla, had stayed the razing and remarked that the civic body's action seemed malafide.(UNI)