4 JMB terrorists sentenced for accidental blast while making bomb

Last Modified Wednesday, 9 September 2020 (15:03 IST)
New Delhi:The anti- terror probe agency on Wednesday said that the Kolkata NIA Court on Tuesday, has sentenced four of (JMB) terrorists of seven years imprisonment in blast case that took place in 2014 in locality in Burdwan district.
The four accused Ziaul Hoque, Motiur Rahaman alias Bhasa, Md Yusuf alias Bakkar and Jahirul Sheikh have been convicted and sentenced for seven years under various sections of IPC and UA(P)A with monetary fine of Rs five thousand each.
On October 2, 2014 a powerful bomb (IED) blast had taken place at the first floor of a rented house in the busy Khagragarh locality of Burdwan District where an IED had accidentally gone off at the time of its fabrication by the JMB terrorists, killing two of them while one terrorist survived with grievous injuries. 
 
The case registered by the local police was taken over by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on October 10 in that year.
 
NIA probe revealed a conspiracy was hatched by these terrorists to radicalize, recruit and provide training in arms and explosives to its members in India as well as to commit terrorist acts and wage war against the democratically established Governments of India and Bangladesh.
 
 "A large number of IEDs, explosives, hand grenades, training videos were recovered during the investigation of the case and 33 accused were charge sheeted for commission of various offences in this case", the investigation agency said, adding that out of 33 charge-sheeted accused,only 31 could be arrested so far. 
 
Earlier, on August 30 and November 15,a total 19 accused persons, and five other were  convicted and sentenced respectively for various terms by the NIA Special Court.The trial against the remaining three arrested and two absconding charge sheeted accused persons shall however  be continued.(UNI)