traffic rules violations from today: 12 Points" width="740" />
Here’s a look at the revised structure of fines for traffic violators:
1. Driving without helmets will attract Rs 1,000 fine and 3-month suspension of licence.
2. Driving without a licence to attract penalty of Rs 5000.
3. Driving without insurance will be punishable with Rs 2,000 fine.
4. Dunken driving will cost a fine of Rs 10,000.
5. Rs 10,000 fine for driving despite disqualification.
6. Penalties in the range of Rs 1,000- 2,000 for over-speeding.
7. Penalty for dangerous driving has been increased to Rs 5,000 from Rs 1,000.
8. Rs 10,000 fine will be levied for not giving way to emergency vehicles.
9. Aggregators violating driving licences will be fined up to Rs one lakh.
10. Guardian/owner will be deemed to be guilty in case of road offence by juveniles while registration of the vehicle will be cancelled.
11. Traffic violations would now attract a penalty of Rs 500 in place of Rs 100 earlier.
12. Disobedience of orders of authorities will attract a minimum penalty of Rs 2,000 in place of Rs 500 earlier.