Jofra Archer may miss 3rd Test and not due to winning combination

Last Modified Thursday, 23 July 2020 (15:07 IST)
Manchester: claims he was racially abused on social media after his breach of coronavirus protocol and is not mentally prepared to provide his service for his home-team in the final against Windies.
 
In his Daily Mail column released on Wednesday, Archer said that he had not committed a crime.He said some of the social media criticism he had received had been racist and felt uncertain about taking the field on Friday for the final Test, also at Old Trafford.
 
"I need to be 100 percent mentally right so that I can throw myself into my cricket this week,"  he wrote.The pacer was axed from England's squad for the 2nd Test for breaching the Covid-19 protocols by going to his flat in Brighton after the first Test in Southampton last week. He was also fined an undisclosed amount and given an official written warning for the same mistake.
 
Barbados-born Archer, subjected to racist abuse by a spectator during a tour of New Zealand last year, said he would no longer tolerate such comments online.
 
"Some of the abuse I have taken over the past few days on Instagram has been racist and I have decided that enough is enough... so I have forwarded my complaints to the ECB (and Wales Cricket Board)."
 
"I know what I did was an error of judgement and I have suffered the consequences of that," he said. "I haven't committed a crime and I want to start feeling myself again."(UNI)