Mirzapur: A 3-year-old girl died of burns when she fell into a utensil which had freshly cooked mid-day meal at a school here on Monday.The incident occurred at a school in Rampur Atari village under Marihan police station area. The deceased has been identified as Anchal.
Her father claimed that cooks could not notice the girl in the utensil as they had their earphones on. When they noticed her, they scurried away.
The girl was in the school along with her brothers and was playing near the cooking place, when the accident occurred. She used to come to the school regularly.
The victim was rushed to the hospital after the incident but in the evening, she died, family members said.
District Magistrate Sushil Kumar Patel said here on Tuesday, "Directions have been given for the immediate suspension of the headmaster of the school. The Basic Education Officer has been asked to lodge an FIR. Action will be taken against the people responsible."
On the other hand, Mirzapur Basic Education Officer Virendra Kumar Singh said, "I will get the case investigated after getting a report from the Block Education Officer concerned. Action will be taken. I am told that the girl was not a student of the school."(UNI)