New Delhi: The second drive of Corona Vaccination kicked off on Monday when Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the very first COVID Jab. As many as 27 crore people will be vaccinated in this drive. However, people are curious about the process of vaccination and what precautions they need to take before taking the first shot of the COVID vaccine.
1) 4 appointment may be booked from one mobile -As per the directions of Govt, Registration on the CO-WIN website is mandatory for this step. One requires a mobile number and a valid ID card. If a person doesn't own a smartphone he/she can register with the help of another's phone. Maximum 4 appointments may be booked from one phone number.
2) The process of Registration
- Register through your mobile number and ID. You can book an appointment for yourself and 3 others.
- OTP received on the mobile phone will pave the way for the Registration.
- Select the nearest COVID vaccination centre and time slot.
- Download the confirmation of appointment. The SMS received on the phone can be enough.
- Reach at the COVID vaccination centre at a specific time.
- The vaccination will follow after the verification.
- The registration of the second shot will be done subsequently.
Vaccination without Registration: One can reach a vaccination centre for taking a shot. However, the jab will be given to you as per the availability of extra vaccine. The state government will decide the ratio of the online and offline vaccine.
ID is a must: Senior citizens (60+) need to carry a valid identification card at the covid vaccination centre. Middle-aged citizens from 45-60 yr age group need to show a medical certificate that claims they are not suffering from a fatal disease.
The Ministry of Health has clarified that the CO-WIN website should be used for the registration instead of the CO-WIN App. The later is meant for government proceedings. (WD)