New Delhi: Activist-lawyer Prashant Bhushan on Monday submitted a supplementary statement in the suo motu contempt proceedings before the Supreme Court, refusing to tender an unconditional apology for his tweets on Chief Justice SA Bobde and the Apex Court.
Bhushan said, he will not give any tender unconditional apology in the contempt of court proceedings case in which he was hold guilty in the case. The senior lawyer, refused to tender an apology in the case and said, if he does so, then this will be contempt of his conscience.
On August 20, the top court had allowed Bhushan two-three days to reconsider his statement refusing to apologise for his contemptuous tweets.Bhushan had been held guilty of contempt of court by the bench on August 14 after two of his tweets were the subject of the court's analysis.
One was posted on June 27, pertaining to the functioning of the judiciary in the past six years. And, another was on July 22 with regard to Chief Justice SA Bobde.(UNI)