Woman and son tried to make Alcohol by mixing Sanitizer and Water, died after consumption

Last Updated: Monday, 1 June 2020 (18:08 IST)
Kadapa: In a bizarre incident, a woman and her son, unable to get liquor, consumed by mixing in water
in large quantity and died while undergoing treatment in a hospital at Chennuru village in this district.
Police said here on Monday that the deceased (52) and her son (24) addicted to alcohol. 
 
They were unable to find for the last few weeks. Some people told them that sanitizer contains alcohol which could be consumed by mixing in water. The mother and son duo implemented it. Later they fell unconscious.
 
The neighbours informed the matter to the police who shifted them to RIMS hospital here. While undergoing treatment both the woman and her son died. 
 
Police said that consuming sanitizer in large quanitity could be the reason for their deaths.However, police registered a case and started investigation on their deaths.(UNI)