Remaining INDvsSA ODI series to be played without any spectator

Last Modified Friday, 13 March 2020 (13:00 IST)
Lucknow: Following advisory on the backdrop of COVID-19 threat, the -South Africa second one-dayer will be played here on March 15 without any spectator.
UP Cricket Association (UPCA) secretary Yudhvir Singh said here on Thursday that after the advisory of the government and talking to the BCCI officials we have decided to hold the match without any spectator.
 
The officials said that people who have purchased ticket for the event would get full refund.Earlier in the day, Sports Ministry issued an advisory to all the National Sports Federations, including the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), to "ensure that no public gathering takes place in any sporting event" in the country.
 
The advisory further stated that if the sporting event cannot be avoided, it should be held without the spectators.
 
COVID-19 : CAB Put On Hold Selling of Tickets for March between India and South Africa at Eden Garden on March 18
 
Kolkata: The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has put on hold the selling of tickets for India-South Africa one day international (ODI) to be held at on March, obviously for reason of coronavirus threat, according to CAB president Avishek Dalmiya.
 
CAB is the host of the India-South Africa last play of the three ODIs."We had a meeting with Mr Rajiva Sinha, Chief Secretary, Government ofWest Bengal. He informed us about the Notifications issued by Government of India and that the same needs to be adhered to." Dalmiya said in a statement.
 
" Therefore, ticket sales for the 18th ( March) game has been put onhold for the time being."" We would await further directions from the authorities and the BCCIin the matter. However, all other preparations for the game are on,."he added.(UNI)